6/01/2010

Tune Out Mondays 5/31 by Megan and Nina

"How often have we built each other as shelters"
cocooned around each other like one leaf over the other
building bricks out of the sunrise
no bigger, no smaller but safety is the goal here. And our shelters block out grimaces and hatred- harsh winds and battered women
darkness doesn't matter much anymore
Acid rain evaporates from the floor of our dislikes and festers on the ceiling of our
dissatisfieds
watching reflections dance your eyes. greener shores and longer summers
puts on warm fires with the dreads of wet molasses
but it's not acid and it's not sweet so excuses won't work this time
You were the first time I tried to fold myself into the skyline
I thought about the door, the exit clearly marked
the numbing silence of bedsheets and squeaking frames
but kisses make us dry and words make us wet and shelters become crowded, cocoons disintegrate
We were always almost, almost broken. A half step flat, sung streets into symphonies
Butterflies can fly when it's dry. only are free when they exit
hips click and fit perfectly. You forgot I have no rhythm
Breaking out my wings with stringy mucous and cracking joints
battle scars in stares
thrust up and fly free
the first time you touched me I shivered. all collarbone and waiting
fly side by side with me
I have waited for you. waited from you so many stanzas ago
I can never write you right. never right this writing
until it's over me
We walked faster
side by side with me
we kept running

No comments: